Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Diapers for your period?


By Meluse Kapatamoyo

Most women, if not all, dread days when they have their period. Especially for those whose flow is always heavy. While others can simply afford to change their menstrual pads or tampon a couple of times a day, others have to rely on both to avoid staining their clothing or beddings. Unfortunately for others, even using both is not enough. To address this some women are opting to use baby diapers.

The revelation has shocked many followers of Pokeyourmind on Facebook who say the trend is simply disgusting and a health hazard.


www.storypick.com.com
"This sounds crazy. A diaper is designed for babies's urine and not blood. There could be health hazards that could come with the use of a diaper in place of a pad. I take it that these ladies stay with these diapers longer hours than they can with a pad, that's disgusting. I can't imagine the smell," said Eugenia Muuchili.

And Champo Muyembe said" Unless I was over 80 something and had 'bathroom' issues would I be seen using a diaper. Come on, for me, this is a NO NO NO."

"Why the heck would i wear a diaper on my periods? That's insane. If you have heavy flow like me,I wear a tampon and pad at the same time and the tampon alerts me when it's full and the blood never really goes on the pad but if you can't do tampons, you can still wear your overnight pads during the day," was another comment from Belina Nyanga Chanda based in the United States.

Picture courtesy of  www.crunchymums.com
Sally Chiwama added, 'I can't imagine any one wearing a diaper on their pees. I can see and have seen, have even bought diapers for older women but in a state of illness. Am also inclined to think it's an economical issue, I cant think of any other reason. I say so because I have seen women mostly muma komboni (I beg your pardon and no offence to anyone) buy diapers mumantemba like 3 at a time or so, rather than a whole packet. That its cheaper that way... I don't know. But again there are pads that cost as low as K6 in shops, so this is hard to understand and comprehend."

However, Zimbabwe's Ruby Maps, has a different opinion, " I know I would go for diapers if they came in my size. Considering how heavy my flow is and currently having to wear 4 pads at a time. By lining them up to cover the back, front and middle part of my panties. I use 2 packs a day thats US$2*5 and having a heavy flow doesn't help with my phobia I'm scared of spoiling so in the evening I take extra care by wearing two panties lined up."

Picture  courtesy of www.dr.indiamart.com
Inonge Lubasi identified with Ruby.

"I used a diaper when I was travelling and not necessarily that they are economical but provide security of not staining. There is absolutely no health problem with diapers if they can go on a baby 's bum. How on earth will they be dangerous to an adult? The pad and the diaper are made from almost the same material if not exactly same except diapers are thicker than pads. Blood is a liquid and so most of it is absorbed in the diaper.

I was almost postponing my journey wen a friend adviced I use a diaper. From then I use a diaper 1st and 2nd day at least. A diaper can be won by a baby for 4 hours and even with pees it can go that long. You don't wear it like a baby or very sick person but you place it just like a pad making the smaller ones more comfortable. Diapers are also good to use after delivery especially for those who bleed a lot."
 

But for others like Francesca Phiri Banda, the issue may not be that straight forward.

"For me it's what works for someone as long as it doesn't pose a threat to their health.Those opting for diapers are better off because some people even in the capital city of Zambia use cloths on their menses because they can't afford pads. And let's not forget the issue of counterfeit pads which were exposed some time last year, some people may feel safer to use diapers."

So, would you trade in your pads for a diaper? PYM

Ends.../

16 comments:

In my opinion said...

Meluse, I do not see what this whole controversy about women opting to wear diapers during menstruation is. What could be disgusting about that? The method of disposal or what else? I cannot think of anything that makes the choice of diapers unacceptable other than finding a decent way of disposal. In fact, I think it is creative.

I work in the health industry and many patients or the elderly who tend to be incontinent or dribble involuntarily, use adult briefs or pads. There are maternal pads which are meant to counter particularly heavy flows. They are a great alternative too for those days when the flow is out of control, they could even be doubled. Either those or baby/adult briefs could do the job.

I would say, whatever works! There is no law that forbids that and if you have a great method of disposal, never mind what others think or say, it is a matter of opinion and it is private. However, just as a caution, briefs can cause irritation and rashes on adults as much as they do on children, make sure you change them as often as they advise they should be changed.

Baby diapers come in sizes that can also last up to 12 hours. Now that is a cost saver, wow. I am seriously considering my alternatives!

Anonymous said...

Hi".I tried always discreet underwear.they look just like pampers and luvs on the inside. I put pampers beside always.and they both have the same look". always is made by p&g.just like pampers and luvs diapers

Anonymous said...

Wear are the small girls.i want them to wear size six baby diapers.i love wearing diapers.9105780573

luvs boy said...

Anybody tried wearing always discreet underwear.they are very soft and thin"and discreet under clothes". Another thing to try is goodnites large and xlarge they will fit up to 125lbs.

Mariam said...

MY NAME IS MARIAM FROM SOUTH AFRICA...I SAW THIS COMMENT ON POSITIVE BLOGS AND I WILL LOVE TO TELL EVERYBODY HOW MY STATUS CHANGES TO NEGATIVE, AND AM NOW A LIVING WITNESS OF IT AND I THINK ITS A SHAME ON ME IF I DON'T SHARE THIS LOVELY STORY WITH OTHER PEOPLE INFECTED WITH THIS DEADLY VIRUS...,HIV HAS BEEN ONGOING IN MY FAMILY... I LOST BOTH PARENTS TO HIV,. AND IT IS SO MUCH PAIN IVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET OVER.. AS WE ALL KNOW MEDICALLY THERE IS NO SOLUTION TO IT..AND MEDICATION IS VERY EXPENSIVE..SO SOMEONE INTRODUCED ME TO A NATIVE MEDICAL PRACTITIONER IN AFRICA..I HAD A JOB THERE TO EXECUTE SO I TOOK TIME TO CHECK OUT ON HIM.I SHOWED HIM ALL MY TESTS AND RESULTS.. I WAS ALREADY DIAGNOSED WITH HIV AND IT WAS ALREADY TAKING ITS TOWL ON ME.. I HAD SPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS SO I DECIDED TO TRY HIM OUT...I WAS ON HIS DOSAGE FOR 1 MONTHS. ALTHOUGH I DIDNT BELIEVE IN IT, I WAS JUST TRYING IT OUT OF FRUSTRATION... AND AFTER 2 WEEKS, I WENT FOR NEW TESTS... AND YOU WONT BELIEVE THAT 5 DIFFERENT DOCTORS CONFIRMED IT THAT AM NEGATIVE..IT WAS LIKE A DREAM,,I NEVER BELIEVE AIDS HAS CURE..AM NOW NEGATIVE,,AM A LIVING WITNESS..I DONT KNOW HOW TO THANK THIS MAN... I JUST WANT TO HELP OTHERS IN ANY WAY I CAN..HAVE JOINED MANY FORUMS AND HAVE POSTED THIS TESTIMONIES AND ALOT OF PEOPLE HAS MAIL AND CALLED THIS MAN ON PHONE AND AFTER 2 WEEKS THEY ALL CONFIRMED NEGATIVE..BBC NEWS TOOK IT LIVE AND EVERY.. HOPE HE HELPS YOU OUT.. EVERYBODY SAW IT AND ITS NOW OUT IN PAPERS AND MAGAZINES THAT THERE'S NATIVE CURE FOR HIV AND ALL WITH THE HELP OF THIS MAN,,HAVE TRIED MY OWN PARTS AND ALL LEFT WITH YOU,,IF YOU LIKE TAKE IT OR NOT..GOD KNOWS HAVE TRIED MY BEST.ABOUT 97 PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED NEGATIVE THROUGH ME..AND THEY SEND MAILS TO THANKS ME AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED NEGATIVE,,THIS MAN IS REAL..DON'T MISS THIS CHANCE,,HIV IS A DEADLY VIRUS,,GET RID OF IT NOW..
case there is anyone who has similar problem and still

looking for a way out, and he those cast all kind of spell like ::
Love Spells
Luck, Money Spells
Health, Well Being
Protection, Healing
Curses, ex, Breakups
NEW! Combo Spells
High Priestess Spells
Vampire Spells
Authentic Voodoo Spells
Custom, Other Spells
Business spells
Health/Healing spells
Cancer healing
Curse removal
Job spells
Healing from all kind of diseases
Love binding
Barrenness(need a child)
Need love
Lottery Spells
Promotions
Success
Money rituals
winning court case
Divorce spells
Low sperm count
Infertility in women
Breast enlargement/reduction
Penis enlargement/reduction
Diabetes
Arthritis
sicklecell
YOU CAN CONTACT HIM HERE AS (dr.abalaka@outlook.com) and also his state based number text him here if you're in the US: 760-935-3804 if you need any question contact me via here as mariambaurice@gmail.com i wish you best of luck and good health.

Anonymous said...

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wearing a diaper.
You do what works and keep on.

Anonymous said...

How do people dispose of the diaper when they change it? Its not like you can just wrap it up like a pad, right?

jhon said...

The Always My Baby diaper, with its soft materials and strong stitching, definitely holds up against the brand name competitors. Best Pamper

Anonymous said...

I have been wearing diapers in lieu of sanitary pads for almost 20 years and I wouldn’t want it any other way. Now, the thought of wearing diapers (baby or adult size) may be an idea quite unsettling because of how hot or icky it may feel wearing it for the whole day. Thing is I don’t wear it the way we usually do: pull up or taped around me. This is how I wear them:
1. I cut both the garterized sides of the diaper to allow it to flatten out
2. Leave the sticky tabs so it’s clean and easy to dispose after use
3. Lay the “un-garterized” diaper on the underwear as you would a regular sanitary pad and pull up your underwear and do necessary adjustments for a comfy fit

Now, I know it doesn’t have the adhesive that keeps pads in place, but trust me, once it’s slapped on, it’s pretty much held tight by your undies and it ain’t going anywhere ���� it may feel a bit bulky at first, but hey, that’s gonna be the least of your worries��

Unknown said...

Hard to know about period blood color issue its the best article read with full of information

James leo said...

You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. does drinking lemon juice stop your period

Joel Golli said...

For years, I have read and seen the advertisements in the mass media about all of the penis enhancement pills and thought that they were all scams or gimmicks. All of the medical sites that I have visited stated that none of the herbal supplements would ever help increase the size of a penis. I got very depressed when I read this, because unfortunately I was not naturally blessed with a penis that was big enough to arouse my sexual partner or past partners. I am a man that is past my sexual primetime and my sexual performance has a lot to be desired. I decided to try Doctoc Akhigbe herbal medicine after all the reading and researching that I have done.I saw a testimony " Joe" about doctror Akhigbe Herbal Medicine Since there is a Money Back Guarantee, I give him a trial what did I have to lose? I couldn't believe the results I was seeing after drinking the Natural  Herbal Medicine  and Herbal Soap to be rubign my penis! he sent to me through DHL courier delivery service . Within about 2 weeks I had a noticeable increase in the girth of my penis. Then after a coupleof aditional week it started to grow in length and I was amazed and very excited.before I finish the drink and the soap my penis had grown an additional two inches. I've had a considerable improvement with my sex life and these pills are certainly worth every penny I spent on them! I want to thank Dr Akhigbe for the time and effort they have spent on helping people in my situation.I know many are out there who are suffering this problem and they need help, email him.    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com.    He also cure other diseases like: Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Breast Enlargement. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Pressure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Lupus.  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count.  Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Gallstone,  Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Weak Erection.  Erysipelas, Thyroid, Discharge from Penis. HPV.  Hepatitis A and B. STD. Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid.rheumatism, thyroid, Autism, Penis enlargement,  Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. For your cure email him now:   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    or Contact his numbe:  +2349010754824.

Sakira said...

Just love your article.I do continuously look over your web site for brand spanking new articles.I am recently acting on associate app gala apple nutrition facts thats going awe-inspiring and special because of you 🙂

Anonymous said...

You can. Just roll the diaper tightly throw it out when the restroom isn't crowded.

Frank Roland said...

I have be living with Oral herpes for over 4 years now and it has be a big problem for me.I have been looking for solution because i can't leave with it, One day i came across a woman testimony on a forum saying she got cured of her Herpes with the help of Dr Ojamo an herbal doctor from African with herbal medicine. At first i did not believe because i was not sure herbs can really take this virus away,but i have no choice than to give it a try and contacted him with his emails, i explain my problems,.. then he told me not to worry that he will prepare the a cure with herbal mixture and send it to me, i got the medicine after 4 days delivery and i use as instructed. After 21 days when the herb got almost finish i went to a medical doctor, i did a test and discover that the virus was gone, and my test result were HSV 1%2 negative,i was so surprise and happy! then i wrote Dr Ojamo and thank him for getting me cured from herpes. I advice you to contact this great herbal doctor Ojamo as he have cure for different kinds of diseases.i decided to share this testimony to let others who also suffer from herpes know about this and give hope to others, you can reach him via Email dr.ojamoherbalhome@gmail.com WhatsApp number +2349077406037

You can check on his website for more info

https://drojamoherbalhome.wixsite.com/welcometodrojamoherb

Bernard said...

Are you struggling hard from AZOOSPERMIA, LOW SPERM COUNT OR WEAK ERECTION? Contact Dr. Uduehi for a everlasting cure. I am 58 years old and he helped cure me for azoospermia when I thought all hope was lost. My wife and I have a child to call our own now with his help. I also know about other ailment he can cure when I contacted him. Reach out to him now for help through: (uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com) (+234-708-487-8384) or (+234-706-647-4917)